• Basketmouth and Dakore Become Hosts of Nollywood Movies Awards 2013
  • ini Edo Parties In Style With Hubby At London’s Famous Doll House
  • VIDEO: Mystro – One Kain Love ft. Chidinma
  • Interview with rugged man
Ex-Disney actor Lee Thompson Young commits suicide aged 291  Kanye thinks he was set up by someone in the Kardashian family2 IBB opts for low key 72nd birthday celebration3 Prophet T O Obadare buried in Osun 4 Hot or hot: Singer Victoria Kimani's purple hair5 Uche Jombo and Desmond Elliot way back ...and now!6

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Nkiru Sylvanus Responds To Rumour On Romance With Imo Governor

Click for Full Image SizeThe ever resolute Nollywood actress, Nkiru Syvalnus has finally broken the long observed silence after she gave out her words on the rumour peddled by rumour-mongers over her alleged romance with the Imo state governor, Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha. 

Describing the long meted rumour on her as being horrendous and handiwork of disgruntled politicians, the fair-skinned actress in an exclusive interview (not Nigeriafilms.com) stated below: 

It is unfortunate that people can say such false stories. I’ve been working for this man even before he decided to contest for the gubernatorial election. During the elections in Imo State I was all over the State. I attended every major campaign event for His Excellency, Governor Okorocha.

I was there when he declared his interest to aspire for the office of governor in Imo state. Then, people did not talk about my alleged relationship with him. They saw me on T.V they heard me on the Radio, they saw me take part in the Street Rallies, they saw me at the INEC office in Owerri, yet nobody talked about me being in a relationship with him. 

Now that God has made it possible for him to become a governor the rumour mongers have started talking. All of a sudden, they accuse me of sleeping with a man I look up to as my mentor and father simply because he appointed me as one of his advisers. 

Some people in our society find it very hard to believe that a lady can ever get anything on merit, especially in the Nigerian context. Once a lady gets to a top position in government or any other sector in the society and it happens to come from a man, it is often assumed that she is romantically linked to the man.

This mindset of our people is not good at all and it needs to be addressed. I believe that a lot of women out there have got what it takes to arrive at the top without sleeping around with men. But I am not discouraged because I know that it is the hand-work of detractors and disgruntled politicians.

0 comments:

Widgets

Click Here To add Comment

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets

This is code for your widget. Just copy and paste it into your website.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 

Music Bar

Duncan Mighty - Blow Am ft. Olamide || notjustOk.com

Powered by mp3skull.com Dr SID - Baby Tornado

Powered by mp3skull.com Joey B - Cigarette (Prod by Nshorna Musik)(GhanaMotion.Com)

Powered by mp3skull.com STARBOY-Ft.-L.A.X-Wizkid-CARO-

Powered by mp3skull.com

VIDEO

My Blog List

Recent Comments